Conéctate  
Alphadan

Speak English !

Publicaciones recomendadas

Hey guys,

This section called my attention. Upon seeing it, I had no doubts about checking it out. However, I was kind of astonished to see that there was no English section. I like both the French and Italian section, but there's no way you haven't created an English section yet! That's why I decided to come up with one myself.

Hope you can share your trips cross Europe with all of us, in English ;). Also, I have high hopes for your level of English, hence, I'd be delighted if no corrections whatsoever were necessary, however, we can't really call for that, now can we? :rolleyes:

Cheers everyone.

Compartir este mensaje

Enlace al mensaje
Compartir en otros sitios web
Hey guys,

This section called my attention. Upon seeing it, I had no doubts about checking it out. However, I was kind of astonished to see that there was no English section. I like both the French and Italian section, but there's no way you haven't created an English section yet! That's why I decided to come up with one myself.

Hope you can share your trips cross Europe with all of us, in English :D. Also, I have high hopes for your level of English, hence, I'd be delighted if no corrections whatsoever were necessary, however, we can't really call for that, now can we? :tromp:

Cheers everyone.

OMG!!! Your English is so much better than mine, so I think I won't write anymore, so you won't have to correct me, it would be so embarrasing!!! LOL.

Congratulations for your excellent English!!! ;)

Compartir este mensaje

Enlace al mensaje

The problem in Spain is we have a very low level of English. Most of my friends have none fucking idea about Englsh, and it´s a pitty. I don´t know where you will be from, but you English is very good, at least as good as mine xD.

Compartir este mensaje

Enlace al mensaje
The problem in Spain is we have a very low level of English. Most of my friends have none fucking idea about Englsh, and it´s a pitty. I don´t know where you will be from, but you English is very good, at least as good as mine xD.

Well, carba, the problem is that teachers have always been more worried about teaching grammar and writing than teaching ENGLISH. Most of us, when we left high school, could write in English in an acceptable way, but when it was about talking.... When I was in England, most of my fellow Spaniards could barely say a couple of words together. Fortunately, teaching trends are changing, and the intention is making lessons more communicative, in order to make our students competent English speakers, not only competent English "writers". The bad news is that with more than 25 students per class, this approach is difficult to put into practice.

P.S. I see that you speak English almost as good as bable LOL.

Compartir este mensaje

Enlace al mensaje

I kind of delayed replying to you guys, sorry.

Anyway, I firmly believe you do have a point there MissMisery. Teachers have never ever worried about their pupils in regard to pronunciation or speaking. Thus, students have gradually become accostumed to forgetting about how important practising the pronunciation and speaking is. Furthermore... It is quite clear, and it doesn't take a genious to grasp it, that teachers' English level (when it comes to speaking and uttering words) is frightfully decreasing, reaching all time lows we could say.

That's why the most important thing right now would be to assess teachers on their speaking skills, after which we could focus on students and their not-so-good-as-we-would-like command of English.

Not that I'm an English expert myself, I'm just voicing my humble opinion on the matter.

Editado por Alphadan

Compartir este mensaje

Enlace al mensaje

I do sympathise with MissMissery. When I studied English in the school or high school. I said nothing at class. There was no time, we were too many people in class.

Compartir este mensaje

Enlace al mensaje
I do sympathise with MissMissery. When I studied English in the school or high school. I said nothing at class. There was no time, we were too many people in class.

It is ABSOLUTELY impossible to go ANYWHERE in the world where people don't speak english. Agreed, they might not be incredibly fluent, but they will speak it well enough to sort out most things. And, they're more than happy to talk to you and get to practice!!!

Compartir este mensaje

Enlace al mensaje

The problem is that our language is very popular. A lot of people speak Spanish so there are translations of films, books, series... We don’t see the necessity of speak English. And only when we travel outside we realise that we need to speak other languages.

Compartir este mensaje

Enlace al mensaje